Saturday, May 8, 2010

E.L.F. Haul!!!

So a while ago, I made a elf order when they had their 50% off studio line and this is what I got.
The elf High Definition Powder













I think this powder is really moisturizing, considering how dry my skin is, but I'm not sure about how HD it is, but I do think its a wonderful setting powder for dry skin since its very mosturizing.  It's also very fine and so it doesn't look cakey at all when I have it on.  It doesn't look like I have anything extra on my skin after I put it on, but my skin feels smoother after it's on.  So all in all, I would recommend this powder to people with dry skin that needs a moisturizing powder.

The elf Complexion Perfection













I bought this powder to set the area under my eye for when I use concealer, because I had watched Makeup by Tiffany D's videos on base makeup and she always recommends the Benefit Powderflage, which is a pinkish fine powder.  Well I also watched a lot of elf reviews on the elf Complexion Perfection and a lot of people like to use the pink and yellow part to set the area under the eyes.  After trying this out for a few days, I will say that the powder is very fine and it doesn't look cakey under my eye, but I don't feel like it brightened my eye area that much.  Other than that, I'm very satisfied with this powder because its very fine and it sets my concealer pretty well.

The elf Eyebrow Kit













I got the eyebrow kit in medium because I heard some reviews very people with black hair got dark and it was too dark for them and I do think dark probably would have been too dark.  I'm quite liking the medium right now, although I only do my brows on special occasions like going out or something.  Sometimes when I have an extra minute or 2 in the morning I would try to tame my messy brows with the wax, and I think it does an okay job at it.  My brows are very messy and hard to tame and I feel that this powder isn't strong enough to "wax" it in place.  So my final verdict on this brow kit is that its okay, but I probably won't repurchase this when I finish it up.

The elf Kabuki Face Brush













This brush is soooooo soft.  When I first opened it, I kept stroking it over and over again because it was sooooo soft.  It was still super soft after I washed it, and to my surprise it didn't take that long to dry.  I washed it before I went to bed and it was dry already when I woke up the next morning.  It's not dense enough to use for mineral powder though,  I used it with my Maybelline Mineral Power and I feel that couldn't buff the powder into my skin, I still find my elf Powder Brush better for buffing in mineral powder.  It is good to use with my elf High Definition Powder though, it deposits just the right amount of powder and it feels sooo good on my face.  So I think this brush probably isn't that good for mineral powders but its good for finishing powders.

Face Brushes













The elf Blush Brush
I got this brush for highlighting the area under the eyes and I love it!  It's the perfect size and its super soft.  I use it with the Complexion Perfection and it picks up the powder really well.  All in all I love this brush.

The elf Complexion Brush
This brush is also really soft but I don't really have a use for it.  I have used it once to contour my face with bronzer, and it was okay for that.  It is really soft though.

Eye Brushes













The elf Eyeshadow "C" Brush
I don't really like this brush, its super hard to clean and I have to rinse it for a good 10 minutes until the soap suds completely disappear, and after it dried it still feels a little sticky so I don't want to use it for anything.  So I don't know if I just got a crappy brush, or that it's always that hard to clean, but I don't like it because now I can't use it at all. =(

The elf Small Angled Brush
This brush is pretty good for eyebrows, but I originally got it for gel eyeliner, but I feel its too thick for that.  I like really precise fine lines so I don't think this brush is good for gel eyeliners.

The elf Small Smudge Brush
This brush is fine enough for gel eyeliner and I'm liking it so far.  I do have to wash it everyday after I use it though, or else it turns really hard and I can't get a proper line from it.

Thats it for my elf haul! Many more hauls to come now that its summer!!! =)

3 comments:

Penelope said...

Great haul, and thanks for reviewing them! wow, 50% off sounds like a great deal!

CrystalLuvz said...

Great review! I've been wanting to try these products, but find it extremely expensive for the shipping cost since I also live in Canada! I guess I'll have to wait for a 50% off sale and get a few friends to order at the same time!!

alcupcake said...

thanks guys!!
ive been using almost all the products that i bought everyday and im still loving them! =)